Arsenal vs. Brighton: Arsenal is still in contention for Europa League promotion, but if they are to finish seventh, they must defeat Brighton and hope Tottenham and Everton lose points. Read more on Arsenal vs. Brighton here.
Brighton may have little to play for than Manchester City, but they proved they can still battle by defeating them on Tuesday night after coming back from a 2-0 deficit.
Arsenal Team News
- Nicolas Pepe has three goals in Arsenal’s last two games and should be a shoo-in to start the season’s final match.
- Martin Odegaard is expected to return to the starting lineup in what may be his last game for the club.
- On the home side, Gabriel Martinelli and Alexandre Lacazette are both pushing for recalls.
- Granit Xhaka was fit enough to start against Palace, and he will be looking to retake his starting spot on Sunday.
- David Luiz is leaving this summer, and Hector Bellerin might be next in line. Both of these points raise serious concerns.
Brighton Team News
- Lewis Dunk will return to the team after serving a two-match suspension, but Neal Maupay will miss another match.
- Danny Welbeck has been ruled out of a reunion with former club Arsenal after injuring his hamstring early in Tuesday’s 3-2 victory over Manchester City.
- Following his outstanding goal against City, Leandro Trossard is expected to return to the starting XI for the final game of the season.
- Brighton is healthy, but they could finish as low as 17th or as high as 13th in the table, so it’s unclear what kind of team Graham Potter would field.
- Moises Caicedo, a January signing, will almost certainly get his first taste of Premier League action at some stage.
Arsenal vs. Brighton | Prediction
Our Prediction: Arsenal 1 – 0 Brighton
- Arsenal ended the season strongly with four straight victories. But they will fall well short of their pre-season goal of finishing in the top four. They will finish seventh, but only if Leicester defeats Tottenham and Manchester City defeat Everton, as well as if they defeat Brighton.
- Brighton will be confident after coming back from a 2-0 deficit to defeat Manchester City in midweek. They are currently in 16th place. But with three points here and other results going their way, they could finish as high as the 13th. They have, however, just won one of their last seven away games.
Since their promotion to the Premier League in 2017, Brighton has dominated Arsenal. Three of the seven meetings have ended in a tie, while two have ended in a win for the Seagulls. However, Arsenal won the most recent match. A 1-0 win at the Amex Stadium shortly after Christmas, when substitute Alexandre Lacazette made an immediate impact.
Lacazette, who had been dropped to the bench to make room for recalled captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, scored the game’s only goal just 21 seconds after coming on to replace Martinelli.
Arsenal can be expected to win 1-0 again this weekend.
Arsenal vs. Brighton | Possible starting lineup:
Arsenal: Leno, Tierney, Gabriel, Holding, Chambers, Saka, Partey, Elneny, Smith Rowe, Aubameyang, Pepe.
Brighton: Sanchez, White, Webster, Burn, Bissouma, Mac Allister, Gross, Moder, Jahanbakhsh, Alzate, Welbeck.
For Latest Football News & Updates On Arsenal vs. Brighton Subscribe to Madoverfootball.com