Arsenal play host to top-four chasing Everton on Friday, days after withdrawing from the planned European Super League. The Gunners lie ninth in the table, three points behind eighth-placed Everton, who have endured a dip of form but are still hopeful of a top 4 finish. Find our Arsenal vs Everton team news below.
- Mikel Arteta has confirmed that Aubameyang will not be able to play on Friday despite recovering from Malaria. Alexander Lacazette is set to miss the game due to a hamstring injury.
- Eddie Nketiah is expected to start upfront for Arsenal, He came off the bench to score a late equalizer against Fulham last time out.
- Arsenal could start with a front four of Gabriel Martinelli (19), Emile Smith Rowe (20), Bukayo Saka (19), and Nketiah (21). Willian or Nicolas Pepe could start on the right-wing if Mikel Arteta wants more experience.
- Calum Chambers and Hector Bellerin are vying for the right-back spot for the hosts.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Bernard, Andre Gomes, Yerry Mina, and Fabian Delph have all recovered ahead of Friday’s game and will all be available for selection to Carlo Ancelotti.
- Everton seemed more potent going forward when they reverted to a back three after Seamus Coleman’s introduction against Tottenham. This could be how they start tonight.
- Arsenal has failed to win their last four games at the Emirates Stadium (D2, L2).
- Everton haven’t won in six visits to the Emirates and has lost their last three. Last weekend, they dominated Tottenham but were undone by bad defensive errors.
- Everton hasn’t beaten Arsenal on the road since 1996, but they should be confident of taking the game to Arsenal.
Everton has won nine out of the fifteen games on the road this season. Arsenal, on the other hand, has struggled to maintain continuity at the Emirates Stadium, and we believe Ancelotti’s side will pick up a crucial three points on Friday with a narrow victory.
Arsenal possible starting lineup:
Ryan; Bellerin, Holding, Gabriel, Xhaka; Thomas, Ceballos; Pepe, Smith Rowe, Saka; Martinelli
Everton possible starting lineup:
Pickford; Keane, Godfrey, Holgate; Coleman, Davies, Allan, Digne; Rodriguez; Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin
Our Arsenal vs Everton Prediction: Arsenal 1 – 2 Everton