Arthur Melo ‘s mother hit back when Barcelona manager Quique Setien commented on the midfielder at the press conference Friday. The Brazilian midfielder is believed to be closing in on a €70 m move to Juventus and now his mother has indicated that she thinks the Catalan club is now attempting to blame him for the departure.

It was outlined earlier on Friday that Arthur will travel to Italy to undergo his physical tests on Catalan radio station RAC1, via El Mundo Deportivo, with the Italian champions.

Regardless of Frenkie de Jong and Sergio Busquets’ injuries, the Brazilian is likely to play in the weekend game against Celta Vigo for Setien ‘s side before being permitted to fly to Turin.

Setien told reporters, as Cope quoted: “Arthur is neither the first player nor the last to sign for a club which has high expectations and bears no fruit. Maybe he’d have lacked some continuity. It’s not easy to change things that other coaches told him were good, like holding the ball when we want to play two touches.”

The player ‘s mother then posted on social media in direct response: “My goodness, they’ll start discovering faults with the team right now.”

Brazilian midfielder Arthur will join the Italian champions in a deal of €70 m with Juve midfielder Miralem Pjanic heading the other direction in a transfer of €60 m according to the front page of Friday’s Diario Sport edition.

Pjanic, aged 30, joined the Roma Bianconeri in the summer of 2016 and clocked 170 appearances in that period, scoring 22 goals.

Earlier this week, Diario Sport reported that the Bosnian international had turned down more lucrative financial offers from Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain to reach a contract with the Catalan club.

Arthur entered the Blaugrana in 2018 in a Gremio deal worth an initial €31 million plus an additional €9 million in variables, and has a €400 million release clause extension with the club until the summer of 2024, while the transfer market offers him a market value of €55 m.

As has been widely stated, the reluctance of the Brazilian to leave the Camp Nou was the main stumbling block for the exchange deal processing.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here