Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, an arsenal forward, maintained that he still had to determine his future at the club but added that it was up to the Gunners to give him a suitable bid.
The 30-year-old will hit the final year of his deal at the end of the season and was closely linked to a transfer abroad-with Barcelona, Inter and Chelsea all claiming to have been talking about the striker in recent months.
Facing Arsenal ‘s difficulties in pursuing Champions League football, many have assumed that Aubameyang will be searching for a way out this summer, but Gabon International has told Téléfoot that it is holding an open mind on all of its choices.
He explained: “I have not received an offer recently, but discussions with the club have been going on for a few months now, of course. “And they know very well why nothing has happened so far. It’s they [the club] who have the keys and for them to do their work. We’ll see how things are going afterward.”
However, as has happened in recent months, Aubameyang ‘s discussion quickly turned to silverware pursuit.
Arsenal faces the possibility of losing out entirely on European football next season and they are miles behind their rivals in the chase of the Premier League title and it was suggested that, given that he turns 31 on Thursday
There’s no time for Aubameyang to stick around at Emirates Stadium.
“Of course, I see future titles. It is important for any player who is a competitor to dream of winning titles. Everyone will then ask the question whether you want to win [them] at the Arsenal or anywhere else. As I said, the [that] will tell us the future. I’m hungry to win titles though. That’s pretty obvious and everybody knows,” he added.
Aubameyang managed 17 league goals before the postponement of football, but even that wasn’t enough to stop Arsenal slipping down to ninth in the table.