Juventus has confirmed that from the latest coronavirus Paulo Dybala has recovered. A brief statement was released on Wednesday by Juventus saying Dybala’s two new Covid-19 tests returned negative.
Previously, Dybala screened positively for Covid-19, joining Juve’s team-mates Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi to contract the virus in March. Reports said the Argentine had tested positive as early as last week, but Juventus has now confirmed that Dybala is virus-free.
“Dybala carried out a double search, as per procedure, with diagnostic tests (swabs) for Coronavirus-COVID 19, which returned with negative findings,” Juventus said in a statement.
“The player has recovered, and will no longer be subject to the policy of home isolation,” added the Italian champions.
Juventus star Paulo Dybala has recovered from coronavirus and is about to return to training, said the Turin club. Juventus said the last two Dybalin samples were negative for the coronavirus, and Argentina will not be in isolation from home anymore.
Dybala is the third Juventus player to become diagnosed with coronavirus after Danielle Ruggani and Blaise Matuidi, who recovered quicker than the Argentine girlfriend Orijen who had been in house isolation for 45 days, who was also diagnosed.
The Juventus players and most Serie A clubs have begun their preparation this week, and the team preparation starts on May 18.
Players will have to work out separately at their team facilities, beginning on May 17 with group training on the course as the Italian top-flight prepares to return after being suspended since March.
Dybala has spoken about how tough his playing break was, saying he wanted to get back on the pitch as soon as possible.
“To tell you the truth, I never thought I would miss so much playing and practicing,” Dybala said this week during an interview with Instagram Live.
Dybala shared a joyous selfie with the caption on Instagram: “My face says it all, I’m finally cured of Covid-19.”