Liverpool travels to relegated West Bromwich Albion for a Premier League match on Sunday afternoon, with the battle for the fourth and final Champions League spot still very much alive. Read more about WBA vs. Liverpool | Team News, Predictions, Possible Line-ups & More below.
The Reds visit The Hawthorns after a dramatic 4-2 victory at Manchester United in midweek, while West Brom’s relegation was confirmed last weekend with a 3-1 loss to Arsenal.
WBA vs. Liverpool | Team news
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles has returned to West Brom after missing the previous match against his parent club Arsenal.
- Both Robert Snodgrass and Branislav Ivanovic are unavailable for the Baggies, with the latter unlikely to return after the club’s relegation.
- For the visit of Liverpool, Sam Allardyce will revert to a back five, with Dara O’Shea taking his place.
- Jurgen Klopp is considering making changes to the team that defeated Manchester United 4-2 on Thursday night.
- Sadio Mane, who was unexpectedly dropped last time out, would almost certainly return.
- Curtis Jones will also make a bid to start in midfield for the visitors.
- City’s John Stones is also back from suspension and should start alongside Ruben Dias at center-back.
Our Prediction: WBA vs. Liverpool 1 – 3
- With three games remaining, West Brom is already down. Sam Allardyce made the Baggies more difficult to beat, but he couldn’t keep them out of the relegation zone. They’ve won four of their last five home matches against Liverpool and held them to a draw in the reverse fixture earlier in Allardyce’s reign.
- On Thursday night, Liverpool defeated Manchester United 4-2 at Old Trafford, their first victory in seven years. They have a real chance to finish in the top four now, but they must win their remaining games.
- West Brom should be quick pickings for Liverpool, who have struggled to score more than once in four of their last five visits to the Hawthorns.
Even though Williams and Phillips have been outstanding, the two inexperienced center-backs lack the same aura as Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez, which West Brom will expect to exploit as they play without fear.
However, an in-form Liverpool has found their groove, and Klopp will be desperate to build on his bad record against Allardyce, so we can only back the Reds to win and close in on a top-four spot.
Possible starting lineup:
West Bromwich Albion: Johnstone; Ajayi, Bartley, O’Shea; Furlong, Yokuslu, Maitland-Niles, Gallagher, Townsend; Pereira; Diagne
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Williams, Robertson; Fabinho, Thiago, Jones; Salah, Firmino, Mane