Barcelona striker Luis Suarez was cleared following knee surgery in January to allow his return to competitive action.

Suarez hasn’t played at Atletico Madrid since the Supercopa loss in January. He thought when he went under the knife he would have said goodbye to the season but the coronavirus pause gave him another chance to contribute to the season of Barça.

“Luis Suarez is ready for the return. 147 days after an operation, the Uruguayan player received an all-clear medical service from the club and is eligible for selection as Barça gets ready for action on 13 June at 10 pm CEST away from Mallorca,” said Barça.

skysports.com

As SPORT revealed, the green light for Suarez came after a special training session at Camp Nou on Saturday. While Lionel Messi had been working alone, Suarez trained with the team as normal.

Suarez had an operation on Jan. 12 and he is available for coach Quique Setien for the first time after nearly five months of recovery work, mainly during the lockdown.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here