PSG or Man City hopes of winning the Champions League on Wednesday will be dashed. The two continental giants meet in the first leg of their semi-final at the Parc des Princes.
Man City beat Borussia Dortmund 4-2 on aggregate to snap their recent quarter-final hoodoo. While the Les Parisiens advanced to the final four on away goals against defending champions Bayern Munich. Man City defeated Tottenham Hotspur in the EFL Cup final, while PSG defeated Metz 3-1 in Ligue 1.
- Juan Bernat is Mauricio Pochettino’s only reported injury absence for Manchester City’s visit.
- Marquinhos, Abdou Diallo, and Rafinha were all benched in Saturday’s 3-1 victory over Metz, but only the former will start here.
- Idrissa Gueye is set to start alongside Leandro Paredes and Marco Verratti in midfield as Pochettino could opt for a 4-3-3 formation once more.
- In such a scenario, PSG’s manager could choose Kylian Mbappe to lead the charge, with Moise Kean, Julian Draxler, and Mauro Icardi serving as backups.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has a completely healthy squad to choose from for the midweek trip to Paris after Kevin De Bruyne and Sergio Aguero have made the team for Sunday’s Carabao Cup final,
- John Stones missed the 1-0 victory over Tottenham due to a suspension and could replace Aymeric Laporte in the defence Despite his winning goal at Wembley,
- Ederson, Oleksandr Zinchenko, and Gabriel Jesus were all used as substitutes on Sunday and are expected to debut, while Bernardo Silva, Benjamin Mendy, and Ferran Torres are among those pushing for a place in the starting lineup.
Although Man City is a better team than most of their domestic rivals, PSG will be hoping that wins over Saint-Etienne and Anger have signaled the start of a better run at the Parc des Princes, but
Neymar, and Mbappe – assuming he is passed fit – are capable of cracking almost any European defense. Guardiola’s side could and should have scored more against Spurs at Wembley and we can see a high-scoring game on the Etihad turf leaving everything to play for.
Paris Saint-Germain possible starting lineup:
Navas; Florenzi, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Diallo; Gueye, Paredes; Di Maria, Verratti, Neymar; Mbappe
Manchester City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Walker, Dias, Stones, Cancelo; Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne; Mahrez, Silva, Foden
Our Prediction: Paris Saint-Germain 2-3 Manchester City