The UK Prime Minister may have put the country in a second lockdown by talking of a circuit breaker amid the coronavirus pandemic, but the Premier League is likely to be unaffected.
And if the UK experiences a second coronavirus-enforced lockdown, the Premier League is expected to proceed.
As Prime Minister Boris Johnson directed the people to stay home as the death rate and infection rates of Covid increased, the Prem had been suspended for three months earlier this year.
In March, soccer returned behind closed doors to finish last season with a new campaign being played without fans. And Richard Masters, Chief Executive Officer of the Premier League, says that ‘Project Restart’ has shown that soccer is going to take place in the middle of a second lockdown, according to Daily Star.
“We are in constant dialogue with the government on all aspects of the partnership we have with them,” Masters said after the Premier League meeting on Wednesday.
“I don’t feel that the closed-door model is at risk at the moment. We think we have a validated model that has worked for Project Restart, and at the moment we’re satisfied, and so is the government, that we can proceed.No plans to shut down, like I said, not that we’re not preparing a scenario and dreaming of various outcomes-you’ve got to do it in the present environment there’s no talk of the Premier League or sport being suspended at the moment.”