Manchester United defender Raphael Varane revealed that the players have been affected by the interview given by Cristiano Ronaldo. He revealed in an explosive interview with TalkTV that he was being forced out of the team he joined in August 2021 for his second stint after winning eight major championships with them from 2003 to 2009, raising questions about his future at the club. Varane claimed that the incident had an effect on the players, despite United’s claim that they would only handle the Portuguese forward’s remarks after gathering all the information.
“We are obviously impacted by it. We pay attention to what is said and done. We make an effort to remain detached while also trying to diffuse the issue in our own unique way. What is occurring in the major clubs’ media is gathering traction,” Manchester United defender Raphael Varane said. “We strive to keep our distance when it involves a celebrity like Ronaldo, meaning that we work as a team to fix the problem rather than trying to do so on our own.”
When Ronaldo strolled down the tunnel with a few minutes left in the game after being put on the bench against Tottenham, according to Ten Hag last month, the striker refused to be brought on as a substitute. The next Saturday, when Manchester United met Chelsea, the 37-year-old was not included in the lineup.
According to Melissa Reddy, Manchester United is already looking for a new elite forward as Cristiano Ronaldo’s options for his next move are limited. Reddy, a senior writer for Sky Sports News, claimed that the hated striker has few options for his next move due to the lack of interest from Napoli, Atletico Madrid, and Chelsea, who had all courted Ronaldo in the summer. Before choosing how to reply to Ronaldo, United will consult with an attorney, but it will wait until the whole interview is released later this week before making any decisions.
For more football news, click here